Saturday, February 28, 2009

Origins, Volume 10, No.2 (9)

Herewith, the latest selection from dusted-off published poetry and short fiction, circa 1970s vintage and beyond....

On Meeting

Well ... it's true
I know you
your insides
speak to me
through words
uncareful
and trusting
yet it is only through
these words
exulting hallelujah!
I've found you
that I see you.

.... Is
that really you
is that who you are
sitting there
calmly dissecting ideas
becoming engorged on fact
face a stranger's?

Is that familiar mind
hiding behind that
sphinx-like head
those pale grey eyes
.... careful now
unlike the exuberance
of your written word?

Tell me
what does that strange
smile mean? and what
does the calmness
of those eyes envisage?
Can you see me
here behind this face?
Do my eyes refuse
to reflect
familiar words?

c. 1980 Rita Rosenfeld
published in Origins, June 1980

No comments: