Saturday, August 15, 2020

1927 -- 2020 Requiescat en Pace

Amazon.com : Laeacco 3x5ft Vinyl Backdrop Photography Background ...

Surely, you would have liked the woman.

In all likelihood, so too would I. But if you

hadn't met her before now, that opportunity

is forever lost to you for the woman who lived

such a long and ripe life is now gone. No, I

don't know her personally. I don't even know

of her other than what I read in the purple

prose extolling her life in the paper's obituary.

Not that I make a habit of reading these ever so

mournful and tender remnants of a life recalled.

It's the photographs, placed side by side above

the account of the meaningful details of life well

lived that caught my eye as I turned the pages

while reading all the news fit to be printed. On

the left, that of a very young woman, trim and

pretty twirling in a ballet costume, the moment

caught in time. But time wore on and she became

as will we all, white-haired, wrinkled and broad

but that devilish smile that the young woman

flashed at the camera remained distinctly in place

transferred from youth to age, informing the 

viewer that here was a soul whom life suited.



No comments: