Saturday, January 23, 2021

Golden Oldies


 

It's Saturday night, have you forgotten?

Mind distracted elsewhere, the music finally

penetrates and nostalgia settles in, the fog 

lifts and he swoops me into a glide across 

the kitchen floor smoothly guiding me around 

the baking island, his comforting arms wrapped 

snugly warming me, courting me, loving me.

Two little dogs patiently waiting to be fed perk

their faces ears raised quizzically yet recalling

an oft-repeated ritual humans persist in --

their humans in any event. Amazing how

persistent memory is in storing and recalling

words crooned by Peggy Lee, Frank Sinatra

The Every Brothers, Ray Charles, words

dredged up perfectly synchronized on his

lips with the station playing those golden

oldies for the Golden Oldies resident here.

 

 


No comments: