Friday, November 1, 2019

Predestined

He is my childhood pal from a time
when we haunted green spaces together.
Those green spaces still beckon and to
them we hasten as we did then revelling
in our closeness to nature and to one
another. He is my best friend for there
is nothing I would not confer upon his
listening ears to hear his comforting
voice respond, a situation born of long
years together of shared times and joys
and concerns made twice as joyful and
half as concerning through his presence.
He is my lover for from the time we were
young his lips sought mine and the fiery
electric response that thrummed through
me may have mellowed with time but
never yet has it abandoned his touch for
those same lips caress my eyes each
morning calling me to tend to the day
ahead. He is my soulmate for only in 
his presence do I live and love life in
a close tangle of thought, sensation and
exhilaration in contemplating our future.
He is my husband my intimate other whose
care for me is echoed by mine for him in
this alliance of spirits that nature guided.

No comments: