Thursday, March 31, 2022

Hallelujah Chorus


Hallelujah Chorus 

Who might have imagined that this
was even achievable? Finally, I have
risen to the distinction of status, really I
have! Like a personage of royal descent
I have a distinctive aristocratic retinue
that dogs my every footstep, slavishly
currying my favour, unctuously declaring
their devotion lest I overlook their
devoutly dedicated presence. In the interests
of full disclosure I must admit I am
without title. On the other hand, my
admirers are entitled to be viewed as
representatives of the highest order of
their breed, duly registered as such
though their humility in the fact of
that distinction does them due credit.
Their reliance on my good graces simply
reflects their recognition that this
human they have generously deigned to
adopt represents the fount of all they consume
with rapacious gusto guiding them to
aim their regal steps in the wake of my
own plebeian strides into their very most
favourite chamber of the palace we
graciously share where food is prepared.

 

No comments: