Tuesday, February 13, 2018


There We Are

Though it would have been unlikely for
me to visualize in the boy I knew into the 
far distant future to conjure the image of a 
man to whom I have been married for over 
sixty years, I have no problem seeing deep 
within those eyes, in his warm smile and 
tender hands the boy the girl I was became 
companion to. Beside me all the years of our 
lives there is sweet comfort in his body next 
to mine as we sleep through the quiet night 
and wake together each morning. We still
entertain one another in the surprises each is 
capable of proffering proving most adequately 
that despite a lifetime of intimate familiarity
we each are more than capable of fresh
introductions to our thoughts where our
minds remain independent of synchronicity.
There is so much to share in perceptions
newly-acquired knowledge and realizations.
Our shared love of literature, music and
nature enriches our every day as we embark
on quotidian adventures searching out our
pleasures in leisure hours together. There
you are, the boy I knew deeply engrained
in my being, and here I am, older but still
me as we comfort and cherish one another.



 

No comments: