Thursday, February 22, 2018

The Days of Our Lives

It is not servitude or a dogged sense of
responsibility but love that motivates my
attendance on you, my dear one. As once we
were ever alert to the needs of our children
now is the time when they are concerned
with children of their own approaching
mature years that our focus has narrowed
to hugs and kisses generously bestowed on
one another, my dear. There is no thought
no whim, no need too slight that can not
be fulfilled with pride and pleasure, my dear.
I hold it in my experienced grasp as a
kitchen chemist to provide you with daily
gustatory pleasure, and you casually fulfill
my need to feel your reassuring arms surround
me not now and again but always and yet
forever, my love. This voyage of ours in
confiding companionship and leisure play
in our dotage fills our days with happiness
shared and needed as a living symbol of
our journey through life in trust and in awe
surmounting all the many trials faced as
one and sharing all the gifts that love has
measured to our great gratitude as fortune
has seen fit to take pleasure in ours.



No comments: