Saturday, July 14, 2018

Love Song

Your strong, muscular arms surround
me, one hand on the small of my
back, guiding me effortlessly
about as we glide together as one 
to Blue Moon sung by the
incomparable Roy Orbison and
then to When They Begin The Beguine
and Sinatra's croon brings us back
in time and you murmur to me
how the thought of our young years
when Saturday night meant
going out to teen dances brings
into sharp focus how we were then
together enjoying the freedom to
love when songs like They Tried To
Tell Us We're Too Young
presaged our parents' reaction
when at 17 we planned to elope
but agreed to wait until age 18 to
marry and here we are, my love
age 81, me in the grasp of your
loving arms moving together in a
rhapsody of remembrance, recalling
those days and treasuring these.



No comments: