Friday, April 27, 2018

Delusional Futility

There is a strange synergy
between me and my computer
a symbiotic struggle for
dominance between me who
animates an inanimate object
and the object whose animation
produces in me an ambivalence
in realizing our relationship
as to which of us controls
the other. The computer has
as yet no emotions of its own
but it manages to invoke in
me powerful emotions of
inadequacy, irritation and
profound insecurity on occasion
leavened to a degree by an
anger that achieves nothing of
any note for it is well known
that the innocuous presence
in one's life of a computer is
an aid to achievement yet the
reality is its presence and
dominance in one's life is the
cause of our collective fading
cognitive capacity as we fail
one test of control after another.



No comments: