Wednesday, November 2, 2016


Delusion

Might it be possible that my conscious
memory has been taken hostage to an
experiment, that I no longer recall the
reality of a parallel universe that was
once mine, where life was everlasting
and it was a very crowded place. Still
I simply cannot recall agreeing to the
recommendation that I take part in a
very special experiment that was
meant to wed another universe with
the emerging concept of technology
able to manipulate time and place. Yet
here I am, puzzled and an integrated
member of a humanity that practices
growing old, struggling with compromised
physical and mental faculties, and 
eventually expiring. The rapid ascent from 
childhood to the adult stage followed 
by the equally rapid descent from adulthood 
to aged faltering properties of existence 
have been amazingly telescoped, rapidly
moved onward in time, in this place
where I now find myself, and I most
strenuously object that some power
unbeknownst to me had volunteered me
absent my knowledge to take part in this 
most disturbing and untoward trial to an
existential dilemma whose design I most 
certainly do not agree with, one iota.


No comments: