Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Yours, Humbly


If a professor of semiotics can casually
undertake to regale his faithful readers
with the tedious mental maunderings
of a brilliant mind captured by its own
inescapable self-adoration in a
Narcissus-like embrace of himself,
why not I, a humble scribbler,
no savant, but a lover of words and the
fabulous, myself? Enraptured by,
captured by a frenzy of fantastic thought,
I too will declaim and fill pages
reflecting that which delights my fancy,
tickles the funnybone of my humorous muse.
From the exquisite sublime, to the dregs
of the banal. He dredges his prodigious
mind of both in an exegesis of boastful
excess. I trudge through laboured mindset
to extract the elated stores it harbours
in its deepest recesses, confounding
extraction and elaboration with my dross.

No comments: