Sunday, October 25, 2009

ME, LAST YEAR; 70th Installment


Like, I know all about what goes on, and things. A long time ago, Mom and Dad told us about what we’re supposed to know about reproduction and we’ve taken up about it in health classes.

But what Mom was talking about was different. She said about love and making love and what it means, separate and apart from just sexual intercourse. I blushed at that. I think she did, too. She talked about like how much more it means to get that close when a man and a woman love each other, and intimacy is part of their love for one another.

She told me about orgasms and climaxes, like how it seems like, an indescribably muscular spasm that feels like nothing too much else. And how that intimacy between a man and a woman can strengthen other emotional ties.

It wasn’t at all embarrassing at that point, and I thought that was really interesting. I told Mom that that was a kind of sex education that wasn’t anything like what they teach at school. And I thought they should teach that kind, too.

Mom said it’s very difficult to speak like that. That it might be embarrassing to the teachers, or something. But she said it’s not enough just to teach the mechanics of biology, someone should also teach the human psychological element, like how close and loving a relationship between a man and a woman can be.

On the other hand, Mom said you can talk about that, but you can’t teach tenderness and caring, you have to experience it. It begins at home, in the family, when everyone feels love for one another, and expresses it. Everything matures, she said, from that point.

I’m glad I’ve got her to tell me, anyway. Mom says even more important than telling me, is that I can see how her and Daddy live with love. Between themselves, and expressing their parental love for us. I just never thought about it that way, before.

No comments: