Saturday, October 24, 2009

ME, LAST YEAR; 69th Installment


When I got up the next morning I found dirty marks on my underpants and I didn’t know if I should tell Mom, but I did. She had a look and said I was getting my period. How did I feel? I told her I felt fine.

The only reason I said anything to her was because I knew she’d see my panties in the wash and would be wondering, or something. So, I’m getting my period. Well, so what? I don’t feel any different at all.

Mom was so helpful; she said, that’s natural. But maybe I’d get some cramps later on. Wowee!

She got all sentimental and glassy-eyed, and hugged me, and said things like ‘my little girl’. But this time I didn’t get mad, because I think I maybe know how she feels, and even though it felt silly, I hugged her back, and told her not to be silly about it.

She said that when I grow up and have a daughter I’d know how she feels. Maybe, but she’s the one who’s always saying to me that I don’t have to have children, just because I’m a female. Just like she’s always saying I don’t have to be a housewife, just because I’m female. Anyway, I guess she’s right. She always is, in the end, somehow.

Anyway, I felt fine, and I went to school of course, just like always. And it was funny, like I had a secret that no one else knew about, and I wasn’t about to tell anyone either, not even Jennifer. Everything was back to normal at school. No more hassles. Just Sally muttering stupid things in the background, and no one paying too much attention.

The next day I did have cramps, although it wasn’t too bad, and Mom said why not stay home for a change? Like it wouldn’t hurt to cut one day of school. I wasn’t sick much all winter or anything. But I didn’t want to.

Maybe she was right though, because when I got home at lunch time I didn’t feel well at all, and decided to stay home for the afternoon. I watched Mom do some baking. She stayed home too, and we talked. About sex.

No comments: