Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Muse, Distracted


It was all there in my mind, the perfect

combination of words reflecting the very

observations I meant to convey, just on 

the cusp of composition when he called out

to me to drop everything, grab my camera 

and head outdoors. All-day rain had turned

when darkness fell to a mystical aura of

light fog capturing light from the street

lamps in a magical transformation of an

urban landscape. The limited sightline of

night fixed in the darkness overwhelmed by

a white veil hovering in the atmosphere

where the familiar became transposed to a

scene of evanescent and mysterious beauty

an otherworld, a floating dream of elsewhere.

Oh, and that poem resonating in my mind

anxious to be captured and to reflect thoughts

on the sentiments of the day? Dissolved.



No comments: