Saturday, April 22, 2017

 

Wondering....

I had a dream of evanescent
radiance where I wandered
in my garden suddenly more
expansive than I ever recalled
the dull ragged clouds overhead
and the never-ending cycle of
rain replaced by the brilliance
of a sun freshly released from
its winter trajectory warming
the soil where my summer
treasures are buried to remind
them their long sleep is over.
My garden plants, eager to obey
raised themselves from the soil
warmed by the sun's splash of
light, appearing in a flash of
maturity, appealing to my ready
hand to weed the strange twining
vines choking their freedom and
so I acquiesced and pulled the
vines, taking with them bouquets
of yellow flowers making me so
remorseful that I had destroyed
such lovely living things. So then
was this a dream or was it a
nightmare and what might have
been the message either delivered?



No comments: