Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Peek-a-Boo!

Hello there, and who, pray tell, are you?
I do know how sensitive a thing it is
the manner in which you are addressed.
I too take umbrage when receptionists
the tender age of my granddaughter feel
comfortable addressing me unbidden
by my first name. So, my dear what is
it to be? ze, sie, hir, co, ey or whatever?
I can relate; when I was a little girl
I yearned to be a tom-boy -- boy, you see?
True, children came to maturity at an
earlier age away back then. You're in
your mid-twenties, you say? I am myself 
eighty and I must admit I'd never even
known that people could be other than
how they were born, either male or female.
Oh yes, those rare creatures, hermaphrodites.
But you, you tell me are genderfluid and
that's a philosophical mouthful, believe
me. Speaking of philosophy I feel
somewhat obliged to take issue with
your contention that those who refuse
recognition of the existence of those who
are transgendered engage in genocide.
Genocide is something I know a good
deal about you see, for so many of my
people died of it. On the other hand, be
assured I'm perfectly fine if you prefer
short cropped hair and men's clothing.
Why make a fuss over it, after all, it is
your personal business. That's another
thing, it is personal, why make it the
world's business? Be LGBTQ2 as you
wish. Myself, I'm an elderly wife,
mother and grandmother: EWMG, and
you may address me kindly, as Mrs.



No comments: