Thursday, September 15, 2022

Unwoken

2015-07-07-1436279024-6643497-aliceinwonderland.jpg

The world is a mysterious place, for there are 

rabbit warrens and tunnels where the creatures

live and play and invite others to join them and

on occasion people tumble down those burrows

finding the occupants odd in their addiction to 

contrariness and illogic for magic mushrooms are 

plentiful and once consumed a hallucinogenic 

madness sets in and when they emerge they're 

never the same again. I should know for as a child 

I fell into one, was charmed by the bright green

underworld with its vast cast of unique characters

yet resisted and never stopped being myself. I am her

the woman you see, the she who bore children and

lived happily ever after with the boy now a man

who proved to me how happy we could be, man

he, woman me. We are they in a partnership duo

one deigning not to insult language and biology

for it is females who become pregnant and most

assuredly not a pregnant 'person' delivering a child

to face a confused future of resentful juvenile

backlash against the reality of nature's creation.


No comments: