Saturday, June 5, 2021

Ifs, Ands, Buts


 

Yes of course I love my near neighbours

and I love to know that I am surrounded

by those worthy of my love, so it is not

all my neighbours who draw from me the

emotions of appreciation and fondness

only those who view others with a degree

of interest and compassion, who will take

the trouble to befriend and to offer themselves

when the need is apparent. As for the others

who scurry into their little caves looking

neither left nor right, who evince no notice

of the presence of others viewing them merely

as background noise preferring to be oblivious

and withdrawn whose presence is that of a

shape-shifting professional whose language

is one of exclusion entirely lacking emotional

investment in the affairs of those around them

with sterile lives of self-full-stop, they have

no need of my love and I none of theirs.

 

 


No comments: