Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Hallelujah Chorus

 


Who might have imagined that this

was even achievable? Finally, I have

risen to the distinction of status, really I

have! Like a personage of royal descent

I have a distinctive aristocratic retinue

that dogs my every footstep, slavishly

currying my favour, unctuously declaring

their devotion lest I overlook their

devoutly dedicated presence. In the interests

of full disclosure I must admit I am

without title. On the other hand, my

admirers are entitled to be viewed as

representatives of the highest order of

their breed, duly registered as such

though their humility in the fact of

that distinction does them due credit.

Their reliance on my good graces simply

reflects their recognition that this

human they have generously deigned to

adopt represents the fount of all they consume

with rapacious gusto guiding them to

aim their regal steps in the wake of my

own plebeian strides into their very most

favourite chamber of the palace we

graciously share where food is prepared.

 

 

No comments: