Thursday, April 20, 2023

Pre-Surgery

 


I am by nature of my singular personality quite

reserved, an introvert, for though I like people

well enough I value my privacy even more.

My position somewhat compromised of late

when total strangers have been lecturing me

informing me of what I may and may not do.

Asking a multitude of probing questions as

personal as I would never imagine asking of

others. Prompting me to repeat my name

my date of birth, taking notes and commenting

on matters I would normally take offence with.

Yet adding to this litany of intrusions and gross

affronteries the laying on of hands where others

would dread to dare as I am ordered to submit

when eye-stinging substances are dropped into 

my heavenward-gazing eyes. But there is no

rescue from this plight as the calculating minds

behind these ministrations coolly make notations

generally comporting themselves with the authority

of those with the attributes of healers of human ills.



No comments: