Sunday, April 9, 2023

I Am Woman


 

How did I feel about it? Shaken to my very

core. When it was happening -- embarrassed

for him, that very old man with the hobbled gait

and white head whose hand I suddenly felt 

groping under my briefcase laid in my lap

on the bus travelling to my workplace. His

face when I turned to look revealed nothing

features stolid, eyes straight ahead but this was 

not my imagination; each time I thrust his hand

off me it was returned. As strong as I was -- a

woman in her mature years -- he was, this pitiful

old man, stronger as his hand disembodied from

his control groped and gripped until I fled. Not

a word, anxious no one should know. He would be

long dead now, and I am now his age. Importuned

by young men on social media though I have

posted my age. Pitiable the birthright of pure male

entitlement, no less so my restraint in hesitating to

bring embarrassment to uncontrite moral morons.

 

 

No comments: