Saturday, March 11, 2017


Our Affair

You smile, draw me into your
arms with ease, hug me to your chest
and move with me to the music that
plays in fond remembrance of our
young years together, swaying and
clinging to one another measuring
step for step in the graciousness of
dance. This is our private, oh so
intimate link to the past, the music
playing down the corridor of memory
as we hug and we feel the warmth
coursing through from each to the
other. You hum and I softly sing the
words we recall so easily, plumbed
from the depths of those early times
and if I forget you remember to share
and on we dance, guided by a gossamer
delicate thread of time coursing
between us. The length of my form
fitting yours, the electricity of your
touch on my hip, my back, my waist
never failing its message, my love.

No comments: