Saturday, August 13, 2016

 

How Privileged I Am

In this morning's rain we enjoyed
an hour's hike in the woods with
our two little dogs. In the lighter
rain this afternoon we drove downtown
and I sat in the car with our little dogs
while my husband ran an errand.
On the street beside where we
parked was a church and beside
it sat a long-white-bearded man on
the sidewalk, a cap overturned before
him. When my husband returned he
stopped briefly for a short chat with
the man, then left five dollars in his
cap. How I love this man. When we
returned we walked in our rain-drenched
garden and I felt again how privileged
I am to have lived with this man for
sixty-one years, shared a bed and
meals and travels and experiences
and how much I depend for my
happiness and contentment with life
on this man whose character so much
pleases me and whose focus is on
pleasing me; how privileged I am.



No comments: