Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Oh, The Pain of It!

Vanity and unrealistic but ever
hopeful aspirations motivate me
from refraining to sensibly discard
what no longer fits. Items of treasured
apparel become even more treasured
when by some mysterious alchemy
clothing once so becoming no longer
can be buttoned, zipped and struggled
into. This is a poor reward, I mutter
for appreciating colour and design.
Yet I cannot bear to part with them
thinking, promising myself that
by next season I will firmly confront
my appetite, and trimmer, all those
valued garments will fit again, then
I grimly pack them away to await
summer. Hauling out that summer
wardrobe and holding my breath in
anticipation and the fervent wish 
that it will be enough to reduce that
expanded waistline ... good grief
those trousers fit! Then I primp and
I preen, until suddenly recalling that
those were a pair too large last year,
yet tucked away with the others. In
chagrin I view myself, grimacing.



No comments: