Tuesday, July 17, 2012

 Thank You, No!

Kindly take heed and do not, I ask you 
courteously, (belying my aggravated state), 
interrupt my browsing through these 
bookshelves,as necessary for me as 
the pastoral scene of cattle quietly 
browsing; they for physical sustenance 
and me for the sublime pleasure of my 
reading soul, as necessary for my full 
enjoyment of life as feeding at the trough 
of knowledge and experience.

Thank you, no!  I have no interest
in your informed choices, I am 
perfectly capable of selecting
my own for who better than I
knows the categories of my
fascination with literature...?

The authors you choose are not
reflective of my idiosyncratic
library of taste.  Please continue
your vital occupation stocking
shelves.  Leave me to my reveries
and my fastidious ritual of selective
worship of the writing muse.  She
also, on my behalf, bids you
with no further ado, begone, depart,
vamoose, leave me kindly, in the
peace of my own devising.

No comments: