Tuesday, July 12, 2016

 

Looting The Woods

Would anyone give a mind to
protest, if they knew of my intent 
to select native specimens from the
forest floor to transplant in my garden?
Like a stealthy thief I prepare my
illicit tools. Site survey in all seasons
long since undertaken, I have become
a skilled looter. My bag of gainful
enterprise simple enough: gloves,
spade and receptacles of just-right 
size to enclose my treasures within 
for easy transport. My garden, beloved
and nurtured, holds trilliums, foamflower,
trout lilies and magnificent, giant
Jack-in-the-pulpits well adapted
now to their cultivated home, those
pilfered native plants. As from today's
outing in the woods and my swift
stoop-and-acquire efforts in the sweet
shade of the forest canopy, wild ginger 
too, has joined my thriving garden.



No comments: