Friday, February 25, 2011

Dear Sirs

I herewith take pen in
hand to advise you
that I have this day
received in the mail my
new photo-ID
driver's license.
The purpose of this missive
is to further advise
you, Good Sirs,
that you are in
unfortunate possession of a
malfunctioning
photographic device
(or, even worse, a
truly mischievous,
malevolent-minded
photo technician).

For the photograph imprinted
of my mien, dear sirs,
upon my new license,
bears but a slight resemblance
to the reality of myself
as an admittedly
mature, white-hair-rimmed
suave cosmopolitan
gentleman's face of
pleasing dimensions.

In its unfortunate
stead some malcontent
employee of yours
has substituted a
peculiarly wrinkled, bushy-brow'd,
grey-toned visage of one
who appears rather imbecilic.

I am therefore taking
the liberty of returning to you
the obviously incorrect identifying
features in the expectation
that you will have the grace
to admonish the questionable
work ethic of
the employee concerned.

I await its immediate
replacement by a
corrected driver's licence
clearly depicting a
reliably accurate
pictorial representation
of my dignified and
quite elegant features.
Humbly, and quite
Truly, Yours.

No comments: