Thursday, July 14, 2022

A Library of Thought

 


It is so pleasurable, the exhilarating

glow we two share, yours well-earned

and mine reactive in response to your

gift to me, a book whose heft in my

hand exudes a promise of the exotic

meandering my way, the elegant prose

taking me to another world which I can

share with you as you do with me when

our reading takes us on diverse paths

whose revelations tease us to invite the

other to disclose newly-engaged interests.

What other gift could conceivably match

that of a book with its inherent air of

mystery and discovery, the opportunity

to read unmatched passages scripted by

those driven to share what they know

what they've seen, what they have

searched for and found to elevate their

souls, and in turn ours. What other gift

has the capacity to whisper to us of

worlds scarcely imagined yet offered 

in an irresistible volume giving of itself, 

the promise of reward delivered through 

a library of thought and substance.

 

 

No comments: