Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Beyond Empathy

Image

We have known one another as the
trite social parlance has it 'since forever'
but that is not our language for we are
not and have never been social butterflies.
She is like as unto a sister to me. With
her there are no barriers. She is as fully
reserved in temperament as am I yet
between us there are no avoidances. 
We relate to one another all the concerns
that weigh our hearts and consciences
as though there is nothing to be concealed
and never will be and all that moves us
to recount of the travails of life are fully
shared. She speaks and I listen to her
frank and philosophical acceptance of
her lot. I speak and she comments with
the wisdom of one who seeks to salve
with her compassionate understanding.
We quietly expound and explicate always
joining in an emotional conclusion meant
to bring understanding and relief one to
the other. The concerns and care do not
dissipate but they are lofted into a sphere
of endurance. I have her to be grateful to
and in her turn she thanks me for who I
am to whom she speaks with the candor
of her subconscious recognizing that only
to a sister does one unburden oneself.

No comments: