Tuesday, December 4, 2018


Wondering

I wonder why it is that the most frequent
dream that visits my sleeping hours that
I identify as a recurrent nightmare has
always been of myself at different stages
of my life wandering a busy street
looking, looking for familiar signposts
that would lead me home wherever that
home at any given time happened to be.
My subconscious mind busy while I
sleep dredging up concerns not known
to me during waking hours; am I then so
emotionally vulnerable? I think about our
two little twin poodles, brother and sister
who we know have thoughts and memories
and can discern far more than we credit
them with in their emotional attachment
to us. Their sensitivity to our emotional
fluctuations must come from somewhere?
Their language skills and capacity to
decipher body language, their willingness
to communicate to us their own body
language speaks to a deep need of their
very own. So I wonder when they sleep
do they too dream and wander about an
unfamiliar landscape in search of their
own vague recollections of dependency
on their mother, recalling no doubt her
deeply protective instincts, now absent.



No comments: