Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Fortune

Oh the places I've been to, the landscapes
I've seen, touched and that have touched
me throughout my long and fortunate
life. Standing on mountain summits and
looking out over the countless peaks
marching into infinity, ambling about in
an old-growth forest the masts of ancient
trees rising as of nature's cathedral ...
paddling lakes and rivers alongside loons
and great blue herons, cooking meals
over a campfire, watching the embers
drift skyward to join the multitude of stars
winking back from the deep velvet of
the sky. Living among people in far-off
countries of a heritage, culture and language
not my own. I could write of my adventures
and I have, just as have countless others
whose escapades allow me to see, hear
and feel what they experienced and through
them have been to Easter Island, Alaska
Antarctica, the Himalaya and Africa.
What more could anyone ever desire as
long, my love as you have been with me?



No comments: