Monday, January 9, 2017

 

The Stars At Night

The probing minds of astrophysicists
and astronomers are busy validating
the presence of far-off galaxies where
planetary bodies revolve around their
very own suns, so many vastly larger
than our own, and there, in that far-off
distance, exist planets whose numbers
challenge the grains of sand on a beach
where extraterrestrial life undoubtedly
exists of an advanced order greatly
superior to our own. Unlike other
earthlings I have never yet come across
a visiting creature, hovering spacecraft
in distant view which some claim to have
experienced and with whom they claim
to have communicated. Far be it for
me to doubt, yet were I ever to chance
upon such a creature, given I could
retain my wits I would ask why these
efforts to make contact with earthly
humankind, a species which has never yet
mastered the art of simply tolerating 
one another. And, I would challenge
this creature, if you are indeed so
amazingly technologically advanced 
and cerebrally brilliant, why don't you
read the intergalactic news media to
discover before committing to contact
just how maladjusted and psychotic a
brand is Earth's humanity? Beware!


No comments: