Saturday, January 14, 2017


Comforting Me

I take radiant comfort, my dear
in the loving warmth of your smile
for you are to me as the sun is to all
living things, indispensable as life
itself. I take comfort, my love in
the sight of you, the touch of you
the care you take for me. I take such
comfort in our shared love of life
our adventure through life carrying
us from there to here. I take pride
that you love me, that you view me
with pride and admiration as I do
you. I take pleasure in the things
we do together, our love of books
and our shared conversations of
how we view the world about us.
I take pleasure, as the companion
of my soul, in our love of nature
and of its creatures. I take comfort
in having you beside me at night, a
hand's reach distance, warming me
and fulfilling my every need to know
that wherever I turn, there you are.


No comments: