Friday, September 16, 2016

 

Cooking for Two

Tea for Two is a romantic trope
initiating a relationship without a hint
of commitment, a high-spirited, dignified
meeting of minds busy elsewhere. But 
cooking for two is another simmering pot
altogether, requiring planning and pleasure
on occasion leading to two in the
kitchen, but more generally related
to one cooking to tease the taste buds
of the other, hoping the results will at
least for the moment set aside fond
memory of a mother's dedication to her
son's devotion to his gustatory intake.
For me, my love, cooking for two has
always really been cooking for one. 
It has been for me a long, challenging
journey from my teen years to these
of senior vintage, to tease your sense
of smell with the fragrance of dishes
bringing together in harmony, whole
foods and herbs, flavours in baking
irresistible to your gourmand sensitivities
and I take deep satisfaction in knowing
my focus and efforts have long been
appreciated. Know then, that this journey
in tickling your palate has given to me
a goal to pursue whose wholesome
achievement has never palled, bringing
pleasure to you and contentment to me.




No comments: