Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Perspectives

Sigh, circumstances have led me to
observe my new personal physician
with a more muted admiration for
her fresh youth and beauty, the so
obvious careful thought in her
wardrobe selection, tastefully
complemented by artisanal jewellery
setting off the splendid presentation,
hair gloss-black, perfectly coiffed,
her ease in complimenting me on my
stylish footwear, the latest achievements
of her lovely, very young children
 - and the crowning achievement:
Look at me I'm a Doctor!

Meticulously absorbed in her profession, 
noting my blood pressure reacting to 
white coat syndrome where that white coat
 no longer exists for as my elderly doctor
 who had served me so well for four decades
as we both aged, finally retired I resolved 
to find one of my own gender, only to 
discover her to be too posh to perform 
any of those routine skills of yore; due
diligence to diagnosis, demurring over that
hands-on tedium, preferring to refer me 
to a handy emergency services clinic.

No comments: