Sunday, March 14, 2010

Here I Am!














Here, right over here ....
Yes, that's me. You couldn't
recognize me, I know. It's
been a long time. I can hardly
recognize myself. Fact is, I
can't, really - so I don't blame
you for not seeing that old
me in the new me.

How've you been? Good,
good, nice to hear when anyone
has prospered, enjoyed life,
made a place for themselves,
found satisfaction. Me? Oh yes,
of course. I also have been
so very fortunate, indeed yes.

I cannot help but notice,
if you don't mind my
remarking on it, that you
too look quite different.

Where'd all that grey come
from? Grey hair, grey skin,
grey outlook - newly acquired.
Amazing, isn't it? This is you
and this is me? We are most
certainly not what we were.

Did we pamper ourselves,
work so assiduously to accomplish -
this? These grey, weak responses
to life? The world has gone
grey, has it not? Little wonder
we appear so wan, recalling
what once we were.

No comments: