Wednesday, June 27, 2018

The Date

He has a reputation. People know
about him. But that's all right, I
imagine. He's younger than I happen
to be, and that's all right too, certainly.
I did meet him once before. On the
surface he is an imposing figure
self-assured, cosmopolitan, acutely
intelligent. My impression of just
how a man of authority and one of
professional aptitude should be
actually. We had an interesting
conversation and he made it quite
clear that he wanted to see me again.
So we made a date. Tomorrow's the
big day. I've decided what I'll be
wearing, and I plan to be right on
time. My husband will see to that.
The surgery is scheduled for early
morning and after a brief recuperation
I'll be free to return home. Our two
little dogs will be anxious over our
absence, but they'll calm down soon
after we walk in the door, tension
relieved, the feared deed done.


No comments: