Monday, November 19, 2012

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17jnem3m60r5njpg/original.jpg
Monoceros, the Unicorn Constellation

 Fable

Why is the Unicorn graceful and beautiful 
in his otherworldly persona, so shy of appearance?  
Modesty becomes him. He has no wish to ravish 
the senses of those who observe his splendid
presence, so thoughtfully, he spares us the
apparition of his gleaming white flanks, his
powerful gait, his royal head with its crowning
glory.  Compassion lights the deep, dark pools
of his eyes.  And so, he keeps his wise counsel
and remains sedately aloof.  Were I to see him
I would enquire quietly whether he is not lonely,
inhabiting his isolated world.  He is, yes,
beyond unique, but would a life companion not
elevate his soul?  Imagine my surprise if this
bewitching creature gently informed me that
I am but a figment of his imagination that he
sometimes conjures to relieve his endless tedium.
I represent a fabled creature, one of many
his fabulous imagination occasionally addresses.

No comments: