Tuesday, September 16, 2014


The World In Words

Such inexcusable greed. How, 
then, to defend oneself already
in possession of such an excess,
there will be much difficulty
finding space for the latest
acquisitions. Particularly since
those already in place are
meant to remain there. Greed
of ownership compels me to 
seek out even greater numbers
of those compelling goods,
even though the bookshelves
in my home already buckle
under the weight of all those
tomes of irresistible appeal. It
is not reason, but an unappeasable
hunger that constantly prods my
insatiable appetite for books.
How much can one mind strain
to absorb all their contents?
No matter, the draw of compulsion
dictates their steady increase and
my eyes and my saturated brain
resident in its ageing skull
acclaim all new additions to
a library promising the world.

No comments: