Thursday, November 21, 2013

Overdue

Finally, and at long last
it comes to me, it has fully
penetrated my reluctant
consciousness that there is
nothing, no thing whatever
that it is possible, even 
plausible I might conceivably
do, to placate the demons
that maliciously inhabit the
skull of your unconscious
cranium. They have always
nestled there, when you were
young and small, so too were
they, yet puzzlingly evident and
I, in my hopeful innocence
looked toward the future when
they would vanish as your mind
matured and discarded their
discordant presence. It has taken
a half-century for the demons
to mature to absolute authority
and form to fully realize I fed
their appetite for fear and 
appeasement, nurturing their
triumph and producing the
product that is now you, 
fully formed, trampling my psyche,
raging, indefatigably spiteful.



No comments: