Saturday, May 18, 2024

The Ravening Mob


 

It's the stuff of nightmares, to be confronted

by a rapacious, unrelenting mob of violently

bloodthirsty creatures whose genetic function

is survival matching that of the frighteningly

legendary vampires prepared to sink their

sharp proboscis reeking of rankly aged blood into

your flesh. Chased, run down and threatened

by the mob buzzing in chorus with the intent to drain

my frail form of its scarlet-hued nectar of life

my single option in defense of longevity was to hope

I could outrun the sharp-needled predators fully

aware that my two companions with their black

fleece were in the mob's cross-hairs just as I was

and that the nightmare extended to them as they

depended on me to save them from the danger

that single-mindedly assailed our frailties.


No comments: